A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather personal information online from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to Nicolette online and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information collected online from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.Types of Data We Collect.
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
- We will collect personal information you submit when you create an account on our Services, including your username, first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, and password (“Account”).
- We will collect any personal information and Protected Health Information you provide to the Services, including in any communications you may have with your medical provider and any information that you upload into Services, such as the information you upload when you use your diary.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail.
- We may also collect personal information at other points in our Services that indicate that personal information or Protected Health Information is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. Our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information automatically from your computer or device, including but not limited to:
- The date and time of your visit, the pages and content you view, and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Information about the type of content accessed via our Services;
- The site you visited before and after visiting our Site;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with your browser online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers, including non-global mobile device identification numbers;
- Information about your device such as your device type, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system, carrier code, time zone and the names, versions and package IDs of software installed on your device;
- Information about how much research and educational material you consume and the type and language of such materials;
- Information about the medical data you consume, including without limitation, the medical topic, time of day and duration for which you consume such information, and types of information;
- Information about when and how you use the diary;
- Information about whether you are connected to the restricted hospital network; and
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages and e-mail messages. We may use Pixel Tags to collect information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails.
2. Use of Your Personal Information
(a) General Use. In general, personal information we collect is used to respond to requests that you make, improve our Services, aid us in serving you better, or inform you of offers we believe may be of interest to you. All disclosures of Protected Health Information with respect to your child are subject to the terms of our Business Associate Agreement with the applicable medical service provider. Your personal information is used to:
- Create and administer your Account;
- Provide you with Services (including without limitation, visualized EMR data and insights);
- Facilitate communications between you and your child’s medical provider;
- Create analytical comparisons to improve our Services;
- Provide improved administration of our Services;
- Measure and analyze audience traffic and improve the quality of your experience when you interact with our Services;
- Provide customer support and respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Tailor the features and content of the Services to you and customize the offers you see in our Services;
- Improve our Services and develop new products and services;
- Communicate with you about the Services, including sending you welcome e-mails such as when you create an Account, offers for products and services you may be interested in, and administrative e-mail notifications such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
(b) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to any third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Medical Providers. We may share personal information and Protected Health Information collected through the Services with your medical provider. Privacy restrictions on medical providers are governed by any privacy laws, rules, and regulations applicable to such medical provider. You acknowledge and agree that Nicolette will not be responsible or liable for any use or misuse of personal information or Protected Health Information by a medical provider.
(b) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our subcontractors and third party service providers that help us provide the Services.
5. Your Choices Regarding Your Information. You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
(b) Google Analytics. You may prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
(c) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
(d) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may review, update, correct or delete the personal information stored in your Account by editing your personal information in your Account settings or by contacting us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. Please remember, however, if we have already disclosed some of your personal information to third parties, we cannot access that personal information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
6. Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals from web browsers.
7. Security of Your Personal Information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from authorized use, access, and disclosure. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.